Organizational history of Women's Canadian Club of Winnipeg
The Women's Canadian Club of Winnipeg (WCCW) was formed in 1907, by women attending the lecture given by Rudyard Kipling for the (then) men’s Canadian Club of Winnipeg. Its mandate was to promote Canadian identity and national unity. It encouraged interest among women in history and fostered patriotism and the study of contemporary issues. Other projects included publishing W.J. Healy's book, Women of Red River (1923) and its 1967 edition, establishing a library now housed at the University of Manitoba, publishing historical and out-of-print works, donating to heritage preservation, war relief, memorials, and oral histories of settlers.